DEFEND Privacy Statement
Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information from you, which may include information about your:
- contact information
- computer or network
- interactions with us
- billing or purchase information
We collect, use and disclose personal information only for the purpose (the “primary purpose”) for which it is provided to us which may include:
- Provision of any requested services;
- Fulfilment or any requests;
- To respond to any query or complaint or otherwise provide support;
- For internal administration and operational purposes such as preventing fraud and abuse of our systems and to troubleshoot bugs;
- To operate, protect, improve and optimise our services and our business such as to perform analytics, conduct research, evaluation and development and quality control purposes and for advertising and marketing;
- To track usage of our services;
- To provide feedback to our business partners;
- To enhance the security of our services, and/or
- To consider employment or contractual engagement applications.
Besides our staff, under certain circumstances, we may share this information with:
- Our business partners, third party contractors in order to perform functions or provide services relating to the purposes for which we collect personal information..
- Law Enforcement or regulatory authorities, within and outside of New Zealand in order to if required by law.
Cookies Internet Users
Links to other websites
Storage, Retention and Accuracy of your Personal Information
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that personal information that we collect is safeguarded against loss, unauthorised access, unauthorised modification or other misuse, and to prevent unauthorised use or disclosure of Personal Information.
Personal Information provided to us is stored in our secure systems with no access given to unauthorised users and is always encrypted in transit and in storage. We cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to us via the internet in unencrypted form. We will take reasonable steps to secure information transmitted to us physically, such as hard copy files.
We will retain personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws and individuals consent to such purposes remains valid after termination of our relationship with them.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we collect is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading, and any personal information that we use or disclose is up-to-date, complete, accurate and relevant.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com, or 0800233336, or PO BOX 301 464, Albany, Auckland, New Zealand.